Design engineering team
If you are a talented and enthusiastic mechanical engineer, interested in working on a range of novel, bespoke and prototype vehicles, we would like to hear from you. Performance Projects Ltd has for over a decade undertaken an amazing range of projects, from Formula 1 to vintage race cars, electric bicycles to autonomous tractors.
The great projects keep coming in, and we need to bolster our mechanical design team. Between us there will be a blend of talents and experiences. One of the team members we are after will be a lead engineer, who in addition to design work will assist the principle engineer in the day to day management of projects.
For the lead design engineer:
- A mechanical engineer with a sound understanding of engineering principles, likely to have a good degree in engineering. Knowledgeable on vehicle layouts and design, experience in race or production car design required.
- Very capable using Catia or Solidworks for solid and engineering surface design (no requirement for A Class free-form surfacing skills).
- Comfortable and effective with the day to day oversight of a team of mechanical design engineers. This would include prioritising and assigning tasks, liaising with manufacturers, keeping track of progress, design checking.
- Working with the principle engineer, who will provide guidance and advice when needed.
For all design engineers:
- A mechanical engineer with a sound understanding of mechanical engineering design. Knowledgeable on vehicle layouts and design, design of metallic components, experience in very low volume car design (race or niche road car) is likely but not essential.
- A keen interest in working on a diverse portfolio, from small autonomous platforms & electric drivelines through to high performance niche automotive design.
- Capable using Catia or Solidworks for solid and engineering surface design (no requirement for A Class free-form surfacing skills).
- Working with the principle engineer and lead design engineer, who will provide guidance and expert knowledge as required.
- Successful candidates will range from relatively inexperienced to those who are very experienced but are not drawn to a role involving management.
Amongst the team will be someone who is proficient with FEA, someone who is keen to maintain the CAD/PDM systems, and someone who is experienced with kinematics analysis in CAD.
Remote working will be possible when appropriate. Everyone will be together at least one day per week minimum on site at Silverstone, along with potential requirement for short project periods at client locations. During vehicle build it is likely being on site 5 days per week may be required.
Pay will be competitive, and will depend on ability aligned with the projects. Both contract and permanent staff are being sought.
No agencies at this time please.